With the ever growing market for virtual reality it is no surprise that a company like Sony has jumped onto the trend and produced their own virtual reality system.
If you find that you have been bought a sony VR system for playstation you may find that you have absolutely no idea on how to actually set it up so that you can use it.
You are very much in luck if this describes your situation as here you will find a complete step by step guide on how to connect the system so that you can use it and navigate an entirely virtual world.
It is not a difficult task to set this up anyway and this guide will make it all the easier.
Many VR systems are incredibly user friendly which is actually one of the selling points for VR systems in general but Sony really have made it an incredibly easy process for you to follow and get yourself set up as quickly as possible.
Again with the market for VR growing with every passing moment it may not be the worst idea for you yourself to jump on the trend and try giving virtual reality a go.
Step By Step Guide
- First you need to make sure that your playstation and TV are powered down.
- You then need to take the HDMI cable from the back of your playstation and plug it into the HDMI port on the back of the processing unit.
- Then you will have to plug the camera for your playstation into the auxiliary port.
- After this you will need to plug one end of the VR HDMI cable into the port of the playstation and then the other end into the processing unit. You want to ensure the wire you use is at least 1 meter and 4 inches at a minimum requirement.
- Then using the USB cable plug the correct end into the pack of the processing unit again and then into your playstation as well.
- Then connect the processing units power cord into an electrical source.
- Then plug the VR headset cable into the processing unit again.
- At this point you should turn your tv and playstation on so that it is powered up.
- Then you finally need to press the power button on the actual headset of the VR system and you will be good to go.
Another thing that you need to consider when setting up your VR system is the right camera configuration that is best suited to the space you have available to play in. This again is not a majorly difficult process and a step by step guide will be provided below.
Space is incredibly important to consider when you are setting up your playstation VR system because you will be moving around a lot and although that is a positive attribute of VR it can be a nightmare if you simply have not designated a big enough space to freely move around in.
You need to remember that you will be completely engrossed in the world that is around you and will not actually be able to see the physical world that is around you.
So always make sure that the space you have is adequate before you engross yourself in the fun world of VR gaming, for your safety and anyone that is also in the same areas health and safety too.
Like the actual VR system the playstation camera is incredibly easy to set up too and very user friendly. Just follow the step by step guide below.
- You will first need to place the camera on a surface that is level. Ideally 1.4m high and you will want around 2m of distance between the camera lense and where you are also positioned to provide the best experience and give the camera the best chance at tracking your movement.
- After you have ensured this and are happy that you have the right amount of space you need to go to the settings menu on your playstation. Once you have done this go to devices and select the playstation VR tap then click the adjust playstation camera.
- Once you have done this your TV will show the image of what the playstation camera can actually see, which should be you. You should angle the camera in the direction that you know you will be standing in for most of your game time.
- After you are in the correct position for where you are going to be playing you will want to make sure that you are in the screen center to provide the best experience. The reason for this is because the camera for the playstation will need to put the controllers in the right place so that the VR system can correctly track everything in its environment.
Setting up your playstation VR system is an incredibly easy process and with the market for VR constantly growing at a rapid rate you may find yourself in possession of one.
Once you are in possession of one you may find that you have difficulty setting up the actual system so that you can use it and play freely.
Luckily you are in the correct place as above is a step by step guide on how you will be able to set up the VR system so that you can use it.
Also above is a step by step guide for the correct camera configurations that you will need to have the right amount of space to use your Vr system in the best way possible, you want to place the camera at around 1.4 meters up and ensure that you have at least 2 meters of space between the camera and where you will be moving around with the VR system.
Having enough space to correctly use the system is one of the most important aspects of gaming in a virtual reality.
- How To Mod Skyrim VR - December 30, 2021
- Can You Use A TV As A Computer Monitor? - December 30, 2021
- How To Charge Oculus Quest 2 Controllers - December 30, 2021